From Russell Veterinary Hospital and Lakeside Veterinary Medicine:
We wanted to take this time to assure you that our hospitals are considered an essential business by both state and federal governments and shall remain open and providing service to our patients to the best of our ability unless or until our health care team are exposed to the COVID 19 Novel Corona Virus. The following strategic plan has been designed to limit the opportunity to put you or our team at risk during this unprecedented time. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide care for the animals in our community.
In response to the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 virus, we will be making the following changes for the protection of our clients and our staff:
● Both of our offices will be open during regular hours but will need to close from 12:30 – 1:30 pm daily for deep cleaning in addition to the extra cleaning we will be accomplishing throughout the day. (Emergencies will still be admitted during this hour)
● You may notice that our staff has broken into 2 teams to provide care. Should one of our teams be exposed to the COVID-19 virus, the other team will be providing care while the exposed staff are quarantined and treated.
● We ask that if you are experiencing any illness or respiratory symptoms that you alert us prior to your scheduled appointment and we will make arrangements accordingly. If you can send someone else with your pet to the hospital so that you can remain at home, please do so.
● We will be providing concierge services who those that desire such. Upon arrival, feel free to call from your car (or honk the horn!) and we will escort you and your pet directly into an exam room, limiting exposure for clients and staff.
● You will also have the option to stay in your car during your pet’s appointment. A staff member will come to your car, assist your pet inside for their appointment and return your pet to you after it’s examination. Please ask if this will make you more comfortable while accessing our services.
● Since both Warren and Chautauqua counties are currently not experiencing any known cases, we are encouraging you to schedule any routine appointments as soon as practical (i.e. vaccinations, nail trims, routine blood work, elective surgeries) and to pick up all regular medications, food or flea/tick/heartworm medications in advance as we are uncertain of what the next few weeks will bring.
● For those wanting to pick up prescriptions, food or flea/tick/heartworm medication, payment can be taken over the phone prior to pick up and a staff member can deliver the products to your car.
○ Also, be mindful of our online pharmacy during this time. Food and medication can be ordered and delivered to your door.
We will continue to update you as necessary over the coming days and weeks. We appreciate your understanding as we do our part to help slow the spread of this virus and keep our community as healthy as possible.
State of the Art Equipment
Our veterinary hospital is equipped with the latest monitoring and diagnostic equipment
American Animal Hospital Association
Evaluated on over 900 different quality standards, we are in the top 12-15% of animal hospitals in the US and Canada.
Our doctors are seasoned professionals with years of experience
We take care of your pets as if they were our very own!
Talk to Us!
Have a question of any kind? Want to make a comment? Call us or fill out this contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Check Out Our Instagram Feed!
The office is beautiful, clean and modern. Maybe I got lucky and had the first appointment, but I got right in, no wait like some other offices in town. Best of all, all of the women in the office were sweet, friendly and loving on my spunky girl unlike others we’ve visited that make me feel unwelcome! Dr. Nelson was fantastic, a great office you all have started!Jerrica Lynn Marucci
They are very good with my dog, Willow! I can get her in promptly if needed and their prices are close to other Vets in the Jamestown area. She had to have a tooth removed and they did a great job doing so and cleaning all of her teeth. They’re always friendly!Ashley Baron